Peace be upon you, upon us.
It’s been a while since I’ve been in this space, kind of miss it.
Lists always make me feel better. I am going to list some beautiful things:-
1) Music. I forgot I loved music- it makes me feel many beautiful feelings. It can be calming and soothing and helps me feel like I am not alone – the singer feels it too! Some of my favourite things to listen to include soothing selawat or peaceful and meaningfully positive songs. Some of my favourites -“3 Things” and “I Won’t Give Up”, both by Jason Mraz, and “True Colours” by Justin Timberlake and Anna Kendrick.
2) Movies. Good and deep, meaningfully heartwarming ones- like “Finding Dory”, “Shawshank Redemption”, “Bucket List”, “Good Will Hunting”, some of the movies I watched of late. Wow, impactful to me and I learnt a lot! It was also pretty stress-relieving and it felt nice to watch something so beautiful in it its depth and the message it was trying to share.
3) A dear friend shared with me that Anger is like you consuming poison but hoping the other person dies. SubhanAllah, may Allah ease me from ill-feelings, anger and irritation. Ya Rabb, soothe this heart of mine. It put things in perspective for me, and helped me remember not to focus on the negative feelings and thoughts.
4) Love. It makes you feel so much- not just happy and warm – it can take you to dark places. Perhaps I got to keep the conversation with God going. So He will purify my love, make it clean and bright and warm and serene and peaceful and blissful and still.
6) The Quran is comfort- anything comforting has to be familiar- so I should be familiar with this beautiful Book of guidance and light and love.
7) Life is good, alhamdulillah. Forever, alhamdulillah!
5) Sometimes I am different from others. I just have to be creative to do things I wish to do but can’t right now. Like I cannot get my dream job of being a teacher right now – but I can teach in other ways? InshaAllah 🙂
Written by Sumaiyah Mohamed